Ford Mustang Forum banner

5 lug conversion

4754 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  jim76mustang
:handball: Even though it only has 56,000 on it and I like having 15's all around, I want to go to 5 lug. Does anybody know it I can pick up bigger spindles and brakes for the front? I plan on using a 65-66 8in rear on the back for the bigger drum brakes. It already has an 8in in the rear but nobody can give me the length of the axles so I am going with a complete rear swap. Any help would be apreciated. thanks :?:
1 - 3 of 6 Posts
:cool: I spoke with a guy on ebay the other day and he is selling an adapter to allow me to use granada brake rotors and calipers on my original spindles. I just didnt want to use those 5 lug rotors that are the same size that you can get for my II. I want safe brakes. You dont happen to know how long the axles are in the rear end do you? Then all I would really have to do is get new backing plates and shoes and hardware and drums. thanks for the help. :wavey
See less See more
:eyepoppin In going thru all of this I spoke to the guys at moser and they couldnt give me the legnth of the II's axles so I went to the editor of Mustang Monthly and their question and answer guy and he gave me the axle legnths of both the 65-66 and the II's. I just wanted the axles because they both use an 8in rear,as far as the front goes fatrodder carries a 9in front rotor with 5-41/2 ford pattern that i can use on the stack spindle and use the same bearings.So all I have to do now is come up with the backing plates and hardware for the 10in rear brakes and Iam in business. Oh and by the way the 65-66 axles are only a 1/4in longer than stock II axles, so you should still be able to use them. :drool:
See less See more
1 - 3 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.