Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i ran into a problem while installing the rear calipers on the axle housing..the rotor doesnt seem to "sit" onto the axle shaft...by that i mean that the caliper is pulling the rotor off the axle shaft and it doesnt seem right..do i have to grind down the antimoan bracket and the calipers for the rotor to sit flush with the axle shaft?.. this is what i have:

90 GT 8.8 rear housing, 5 lug axles from a ranger, anti-moan brackets, 97 calipers, caliper brackets, and rotors

thanks! i have uploaded pics to reference what im talking about!

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I believe you can't use sn95 caliper brackets. Made for an axle that's about 3/4" longer then a fox axle.... Looks like about 3/4 in your pic :(

Think you need 88 tc antimoan and calipers brackets or 93 cobra's. And a couple others I believe but it has to be the same antimoan and caliper and bracket from the same car.. But not an sn95 car usually cause it's a pain

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry, I just reread my response :)

I believe calipers will work but you need custom brackets..

I can't Remember the company that has em.. Brain dead as you can see.. Haha

·
Registered
184 Posts
Then fill us in :)

Shoot some pics...

Give some details..

What have you got to lose.. Be careful on first run out with her.. :)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I've saw a link to someone that did it, but wouldn't do it personally. Involved hacking up the adapter brackets, which I see as weakening the parts integrity. Not worth the risk to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts