Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the deal with the 5 speed gts?? ive raced at least 3 of them them the same as mine and ive taken them all by 1 or more cars. mine is an auto unfortunately (so the wife can drive it) but still taking the 5 spds. do they not know how to drive or do i maybe have different gears?? i havent done any work to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm guessing the drivers are just inexperienced.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah. just listening to them beside me though doesnt seem like they cant drive it. i just dont know if the previous owner changed the gears or what. when i shift it grabs and jump about 10 mph...

·
Registered
344 Posts
it could be alil of both, i know in the older ones when you ordered them there was different gearing options. so you could have factory different gears

sticks are easyer to lose traction off the line which would cause them to be slower, (driver skill) and if they lose to many rpms when they shift so proabably they cant drive

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know that... i was just curious though. this is my first mustang and dont know how to tell if theres other gears on it

·
Banned
25 Posts
Yea automatic trannies in mustangs ARE ALWAYS BETTER than the manual tranny mustangs. It doesnt surprise me that you took the manual GTs.

quote me on this IT IS EXTREMELY RARE THAT A 5-SPEED GT WILL BEAT AN AUTOMATIC GT.

Its just the way it is stock for stock mod for mod auto gts always spank manual gts and same things with mach 1s.

Look at automatic GTs and mach 1s they have quicker 1/4 mile times then 5-speed GTs and mach 1s.

AUTOMATIC FOR THE WIN!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!

·
0 Posts
Yea automatic trannies in mustangs ARE ALWAYS BETTER than the manual tranny mustangs. It doesnt surprise me that you took the manual GTs.

quote me on this IT IS EXTREMELY RARE THAT A 5-SPEED GT WILL BEAT AN AUTOMATIC GT.

Its just the way it is stock for stock mod for mod auto gts always spank manual gts and same things with mach 1s.

Look at automatic GTs and mach 1s they have quicker 1/4 mile times then 5-speed GTs and mach 1s.

AUTOMATIC FOR THE WIN!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!
:rolleyes: Where is this guy coming from? Since when is the stock manual GT slower than the auto?

·
Registered
94 Posts
sticks arent slower than autos...its actually the other way around...there is about a 5-15% loss in power with an auto tranny

·
Registered
94 Posts
im not trying to prove anyone wrong or offend anyone...so sorry if i do

·
0 Posts
The_Mighty_Six troll returns once again with his nonsense jibber jabber.
I agree with you mustangchris01. I believe the OP, if he won the race it's because the drivers of the manual cars couldn't drive. It's a win in my book, nevertheless.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
wow this is like attack of the unpopular and imo untrue reasoning of auto is better than manual.
manual= lighter
manual= less parasitic loss (more hp and tq)
manual= last what 100k+?
manual= more fun (well that ones an opinion)
My dads auto in his 95 GT, which hes owned since new and has meticulously maintained it since (and he drives like a grandpa) went out at like 50k

There pretty even but if a manual driver knows how to drive hell win fairly consistently.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
:rolleyes: Where is this guy coming from? Since when is the stock manual GT slower than the auto?
That was the same guy that had the topic about his v6 beating some Mach 1's and some GT's about a week ago. Just ignore him. :bigthumbsup

·
0 Posts
That was the same guy that had the topic about his v6 beating some Mach 1's and some GT's about a week ago. Just ignore him. :bigthumbsup
:laugh: Haha, I read that thread, it was quite amusing.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Modern automatics aren't like the slush boxes of the past, when will Ford give us autostick or paddle shifters? Those are really cool and fun to drive

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha... paddle shifters would be nice:D i havent had any problems with me tranny though and im rollin over to 111,000 on it. i havent raced an auto gt yet... have a v6 and they could definately not take the gt... n/a anyways

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
i can keep up with the manual,but they always have a bumper on me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do you hold up to another auto?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
if they are stock i can beat them,but i really dont race on the street and i need new tires lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.