Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Ford followed GM's lead and put a restrictor in the hydraulic line leading from the clutch master to the hydraulic throw out bearing.

I ask because under WOT and quick shifts the first to second engage feels like it's slipping yet no clutch smell or adverse effects later. Under normal shifting right after, it works fine.

GM did this on their cars and would manifest itself under the same conditions. The fix was the famous "drill mod".

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow I was wondering if I was thrashing the clutch already........so this may have been an intentional wear preventor?:rolleyes: or something to protect the drivetrain?:what:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hogpowr said:
Wow I was wondering if I was thrashing the clutch already........so this may have been an intentional wear preventor?:rolleyes: or something to protect the drivetrain?:what:
That's what I think

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow. Ford is trying a little too hard to protect the parts. The torque control really blows as well (Although it seems that can be tuned out).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Run a couple powershifts and see. I've power shifted mine at 6500RPM and reved to 6700 before hitting the next gear and it's always grabs hard...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've shifted as high as 6500 and haven't have any clutch problems :gringreen............ uhhh.. yet :tongue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts