Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled a 5 speed transmission recently to swap into my 1989 2.3, but the crossmember wasn't salvageable.. Anyone know where I could find a crossmember for the 5 speed cheap? I looked around and all I found was 100$+. Also I'm getting a new flywheel and clutch kit, but my local parts store doesn't have the flywheel bolts on catalog or something.. Anyone know what size and specs I need on those? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have a couple 50+ shipping Let me post some photos. Only thing they are in a pile and mixed with TC ones. I think they are the same.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
As for the flywheel bolts, Have your parts guy look in the ARP catalog for Ford 2.0L flywheel bolts.

Or you can take that information to the ARP website and get the part number to give to your local parts guy, or order it from one of the mail order houses.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom, that would be great. You wouldn't happen to know what kind of bolts I'm looking for would you?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Big C gave you the inside scoop on the bolts. His info is SPOT ON ARP has them. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, the ARP online catalog has bolts for: 2.0L Duratec, 2.0L (YB Series) Cosworth, and a 2.0L Zetec. Which ones do I need?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my flywheel bolts, thanks guys. Too bad the only place in town that had them wanted 23$ :/ Oh well. Now I just need a crossmember. Tom, I pm'd you about that if you're still interested in selling one.
-Kirby

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read something about having to add spacers to the auto crossmember to make it fit, but there were no pictures.. You know anything about that, cranger? And yeah, I've been living in trenton for a little over a year now.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Was this last 5spd swap on a 4cyl. car?

The A4LD crossmember is located further up and even has unique mounts that bolt into the undercarriage. Also if I'm not mistaken, the A4LD mount has a single stud in the center where the T5/AOD mount has two studs side by side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts