Ford Mustang Forum banner

5-Speed Transmission Trouble

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Johnstone610 
#1 ·
I recently had to have my Manual Trans. replaced because the shift linkage went out. The dealer couldn't just get just the parts, so they swapped the whole tranny. Not long after that, I started getting some grinding going into 5th gear. (unless I really babied it.) The Service Advisor then tells me there is an "updated synchro" . If there was an update, then why the heckm did they give me junk??
Along with the Shaker 500 stereo that they replaced (and still doesn't work properly), I'm really getting frustrated. I love my MUSTANG, but I'm starting to regret buying another FORD.(Fool me once....) I've never had so much trouble with a new car in my life.:sterb:

Is anybody else having this much trouble? I thought they had the Shaker thing fixed. My neighbor's works fine. Sorry to vent, but I'm getting kinda ticked.

#2 ·
2K5PONY said:
I recently had to have my Manual Trans. replaced because the shift linkage went out. The dealer couldn't just get just the parts, so they swapped the whole tranny. Not long after that, I started getting some grinding going into 5th gear. (unless I really babied it.) The Service Advisor then tells me there is an "updated synchro" . If there was an update, then why the heckm did they give me junk??
Along with the Shaker 500 stereo that they replaced (and still doesn't work properly), I'm really getting frustrated. I love my MUSTANG, but I'm starting to regret buying another FORD.(Fool me once....) I've never had so much trouble with a new car in my life.:sterb:

Is anybody else having this much trouble? I thought they had the Shaker thing fixed. My neighbor's works fine. Sorry to vent, but I'm getting kinda ticked.
Maybe the Mods could move this to the defect thread. Geeez,,,,,.... I hope the one going in mine will be the updated trans. It just got serialized so maybe the line has the "good" ones....NOW?!?
I am sorry to hear this for you. Perhaps you could stay on them with the shaker issue at least as well. Maybe after three of them in there they would pay for a Aftermarket unit or something....

#3 ·
Dude! That is scary...

Sounds like its posessed or needs a priest to exorcise it.

Truth be told I've Fords my whole life and never have had a problem (knocks on wood). Sounds like you got a hangover car or a Friday before a righteous frickin kegger weekend car.

What I would do if it were me is: 1) Make the dealer's life as uncomfortable as possible fixing these deficiencies to your satisfaction or 2) ask for a different car as the one you currently have is having fault after fault after fault. What I wouldn't do is allow one fault to be fixed in a slipshod manner and let them think you will accept it. These cars aren't cheap and if that stereo doesn't work right demand that it be repaired/replaced until it does.

There is a fine line between being cool about stuff and being taken for a chump. These guys aren't your friends they are employees of the dealership who are under the direct influence of Ford and the accountant's bottom line.

Carpe' Scrotum (sieze the sack)

#4 ·
I agree we are the customers and THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! we pay 30 k for our cars and we have issues such as these that get pushed over or fixed in as little time as possible! Not fair to the paying customer i would stay on them tillt hey know you by your first name on a personal basis and get that puppy all fixed up! good luck stay on 'em!John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.