Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand not wanting people to spam the site, but this kind of thing can be relaxed if you use a buyer/seller rating system. Requiring 50 posts is discouraging folks from participating at all. A big part of what Mustangers, and car guys do is buy/sell/trade.

I'm getting to be an older guy and I own 6 Mustangs, 3 Ford trucks, a T-bird, and more. I've been at this stuff for over 40 years. Not that I wouldn't post some things, but I'm just not into a bunch of- "hey, what exhaust sounds best", or, "hey, what kind of wheels should I get", or, "check out my freshly washed Mustang"...

Part of what I can contribute is buying/sell/trading parts. Since 2009 I've got 7 posts on this forum. It will take me a long time to get 50 posts, yet there may be a member out there who needs what I have now, or there are some things I need and I want to post a WTB.

·
Super Moderator
7,578 Posts
The 50-post rule helps prevent the forum from becoming not just a spam site, but also an eBay, Craigslist, or an auction site. We also do not allow Go-Fund Me.

The Classified sub-forums in each of the main Model Forums, is not a place for exploitation where users can earn a living or supplement their income by buying and selling parts.

We encourage active Mustang owner & Mustang enthusiast participation in the forums first, with the secondary privilege to use the classified section. Seriously, 50 posts is not an extreme or unreal prerequisite to post a sell or WTB classified. And any member regardless of post count can respond to the classified.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts