Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I do believe this be the first thread I have created here! Well, I own an 06 GT and have been looking around for superchargers and the like. I'd love to get right around 500 horses, but I'm coming to the conclusion that this is not going to be possible without voiding my warranty. I'm going on 40k miles, with a warranty that's good until somewhere around late 80k, and I really don't want to jeopardize that. I saw that Ford racing has a charger rated at somewhere around 400 hp that doesn't void a warranty, but there higher rated blowers don't support a warranty. Any advice? Even excluding a blower, what recommendations would you have for achieving decent horsepower gains without losing my beloved warranty? Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the only way that it will void your warranty is if they can prove that the blower is what caused the problem. if it is insataled corectly and tuned corectly you should not have any problems. The general rule with this motor is no more than 450rwhp but i think time is starting to prove that rule wrong. I will be having JBA install a kennie bell s/c this winter and i will be going for 500rwhp. but then i dont care about my warranty. when you build a car with that type of power and you can get traction with it. Things are going to brake it is just a matter of when. but with a good tune and you dont over rev it you should be fine. our drive train has proven to be pritty tough.

·
Registered
812 Posts
you can go with the whipple "ford racing" blower they make the 400hp kit and the 500hp h.o. kit and i was told if you have it installed by your dealer you will still keep your warranty , also you can go with a roushcharger which should put you around 435hp or so now every dealer is diffrent so id talk to your dealer first and see what they say......

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
If you install a Roush (which can be upgraded to get where you want) they'll pick up your warranty/warrant their blower for your motor.

Just go to their site to read the details.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks a bunch.... that roushcharger looks enticing! A 500 hp motor would be the final product, really anything above 450 would butter my bread just fine. In fact, in your opinion what do you think the maximum power is that you'd want in a reliable daily driver?

·
Registered
812 Posts
oh thats true they did just release their "p51" kit also supposed to be 510hp

·
Registered
812 Posts
every1 says 450rwhp is around max or 10 psi boost but ive seen more on stock internals some did good some made good anchors id say around there now there are people who have in the higher hp #'s as a dd but you start to lose the drive ability with the higher you go

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys, thanks a bunch.... that roushcharger looks enticing! A 500 hp motor would be the final product, really anything above 450 would butter my bread just fine. In fact, in your opinion what do you think the maximum power is that you'd want in a reliable daily driver?
450rwhp should have you at around 500 at the crank and has proven to be very reliable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good to know. I do appreciate the feedback guys. I'm not trying to change my question, but out of curiousity (and not being a nuts and bolts kind of guy), are intercoolers necessary with a SC? Or are they optional? Or internal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You must do the cooler to make 500hp. Mostly because of the timing in your new program. I have a whipple at 12psi and have had no problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You could install the non-intercooled 400HP Ford Racing/Whipple and maintain your warranty (if that's the case). Once your warranty expires you could then install the intercooler, swap the fuel pump and change the pulley to get your 500HP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The warrenty on the FRPP 400 S/C is only for 12months/12,000 miles and the install HAS to be done by a FRPP dealer. And it is only the S/C that is warrentied. A Ford dealer and Ford Factory warrenty WILL consider a FRPP S/C or any FRPP part install a Third Party part.

The only S/C Mustang that is covered completly by a Ford Factory warrenty at any Ford dealership is the ShelbyGT500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.