Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

About 2 years ago I bot a 1988 Ranger with a 302 5L v8 boss engine from what we believe is 68 packed into its hood. The thing ran extremely well for over a year and a half. Then recently Ive started to have problems with what seems to be it flooding out while it sits...?? The story goes: I drove it for the day using it to go to work and back, i shut it off parked it were i normally do and about an hour later go to start the beast. It acts like its not firing so, i assume that some one i live with ( I live on a farm) may have tryed to improperly start it using the choke causing it to flood out. So i leave it for 2 hours come back and still no luck. Lucky though i have another truck and could use it to travel to work and back. About 2 days later after letting it sit i went to start it again and sure enough it fires like its always done fast and strong.

It ran fine again for about 2 months then it did it again. Same deal let it sit but this time only for 6 hours and it fired fine.... Now about 4 months later it's done it again but this time its been sitting for about 12 hours and no luck>>>>>( Ive tryed taking the carb lid off to dry it out and it seems dry but when i go to start it, the carb seems to ether one flood out instantly or two not allow it to fire.

Sorry for the long letter but i got to work and without this vehicle I'm screwed... Any help and i mean any help apart from the "Take it to a mechanic" would be greatly appreciated :) thanks

~Ryan~

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
what kind of intake/carb setup does it have. does it have a spacer?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
go look on the carb and intake and tell me what brand it is. also look between the intake and the carb, and see if there is a spacer between the two. post a pic, ill tell you

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
i bet you its vapor lock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey sorry about no pics i had to run to work literally run so im home now my camera wont work but the carb dosnt seem to have a spacer and it dosnt say what brand it is :9 how wouldi fix a vapour lock that would make sence.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
add a spacer could help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.