Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my friends found this abandoned strip where we mess around with our cars, and i wanted to see how fast my 94 v6 would go. as i was in 5th gear, i felt the engine sorta die, and i slowed down a bit, and then it came back, couple seconds later died again. i noticed this happened at about 114 mph, and also 3k rpms. is there an rpm limiter, or a speed limiter somewhere? or does it have anything to do with the ecu (i think thats what its called). is there anything i can do to get rid of this and make it go faster? not that im gonna do this in a public road or highway, but just wanna see how fast i can make my car go. its all stock, except the guy i bought it from put a custom dual exhaust.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Gironating Rat said:
me and my friends found this abandoned strip where we mess around with our cars, and i wanted to see how fast my 94 v6 would go. as i was in 5th gear, i felt the engine sorta die, and i slowed down a bit, and then it came back, couple seconds later died again. i noticed this happened at about 114 mph, and also 3k rpms. is there an rpm limiter, or a speed limiter somewhere? or does it have anything to do with the ecu (i think thats what its called). is there anything i can do to get rid of this and make it go faster? not that im gonna do this in a public road or highway, but just wanna see how fast i can make my car go. its all stock, except the guy i bought it from put a custom dual exhaust.
There is a Speed limiter, and you'll need an electronic tuner to take it off.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
There is a Speed limiter, and you'll need an electronic tuner to take it off.
yeah, it's matched to the speed rating of your tires. Going faster may result in a blowout, hence the limiter.

you should upgrade your rubber BEFORE removing it, but you'll find it's around 136 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
touche....touche, wouldnt wanna blowout my tires. now, im thinking of upgrading my dash as well, as the max on the speedometer is marked at 120. 136 seems reasonable, since 115 is @3k rpms, so maybe it can hit bout 136 before the 5k redline. i checked online what stock tires my car came with.....P205/65R15's dont know what stock are rated. what i got on right now are Toyo Proxes H4 size 225//60R15 95H's. now, im in not mistaken, H rating can handle up 130, so i should be fine for now, as long as i dont push it too much past 130 once i get the tuner, then when these tires wear out, imma replace em with V rated or higher, ill figure it out later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.