Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 MUSTANG GT

Ok today I went to a friendly shop I very much trust and I had Steeda YD pulleys, FORD RACING 3.73's AND my manual transmission fluid changed with royal purple syncromesh from American muscle.

Ok so everything;s great! The car pulls like a bull and my shifts are super smooth, and before my tranny would thump between shifts and now it does not, I can even power shift into third now...

BUUUTTT!!

When I go into 5th gear it makes like a whine... like kinda loud and also sounds like metal running on it self, I know it's not the gears cause it does this ONLY in 5th and the stick shift shakes more than usual in 5th

Every other gear is fine and perfect, and it NEVER did this whine before the tranny fluid change.

Why are all my gears in PERFECT shape but 5th is being a pain? Any advice?

Wrong fluid amount? DO YOU HAVE TO refill it through the gear box? ( shift stick)

Please any advice on what I should do? It's driving me crazy!

-Thanks!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Maybe your gear swap has made your 5th gear a true pulling gear as opposed to stratospheric overdrive.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe your gear swap has made your 5th gear a true pulling gear as opposed to stratospheric overdrive.

Never heard of that...
And today O went back to the shop and we refilled the tranny fluid, it needed a little more after it all settled but now it's fully filled, and it still whines, NOT as bad , but it still does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts