Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

First and foremost, happy fourth! Even on a holiday, I'm crazy enough to work on my car. How about that?

Anyway, I'm installing larger rims on my mustang. Bullitts! And I'm tired of the cut springs I have in the front :nono:

What coil springs do you guys recommend on a 66 with a 200 6 cyl?

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
you have some options. what kind of stance are you looking for? Stock or lowered? you can get either easily.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have some options. what kind of stance are you looking for? Stock or lowered? you can get either easily.
Possibly lowered, maybe an inch or so? I'm trying to shoehorn some 235/45/17 rubber and 8 inch bullitts in there :bigthumbsup: so maybe I'll go stock, I dunno.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll probably go lowered. These tires will now doubt add some height. Still, I want to see all my options.

·
Registered
759 Posts
1" lowered springs are available about anywhere. I got mine from Mustang Plus. They come in diffierent weights, so a 6 cyl should just take a stock type spring, 1" lowered. But depending on how you plan on driving it, a heavier spring will give you a better handling experience.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1" lowered springs are available about anywhere. I got mine from Mustang Plus. They come in diffierent weights, so a 6 cyl should just take a stock type spring, 1" lowered. But depending on how you plan on driving it, a heavier spring will give you a better handling experience.
It'll pretty much be my daily grocery getter, with a little kick here and there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts