Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring my 1966 Coupe, but I want to try an keep it as original as possible. It was my very first car and although I would love to put a V8 in it, if I am going to spend that kind of money I will just buy a 67 fastback with a V8 in it already. Although I want to keep it original I want to get more power out of the 200cid. Can anybody recommend some mods and the type of power I can expect to get out of this platform?

·
Registered
44 Posts
putting some different gears in your differential can get you some better take off and it will feel like a power upgrade....also putting on some tuned exhaust may help give you maybe 10 or 15 horsepower....its pretty hard to make an I6 fast without tearing about the whole motor and camming it and such on a classic mustang

·
Registered
137 Posts
Actually putting in a V8 isnt really more expensive than buying a fastback V8 especially a 67. All it really is is the steering and the drivetrain which could be purchased fairly cheaply. Just my opinion though. Gears may be tough to find for the 6 cylinder rear end but im not 100% sure. Id say you could get some head work done and a better flowing exhaust would definitely help of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts