Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with that? I love my Gt and and was thinking up upgrading but for that price, NFW.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No doubt. If I had $60K to spare, I'd get a GT500, 911, or Vette.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Yeah, for that type of money Id get a Vette or GT500.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The saleen has just as much horsepower and about the same price(i think) as the new Corvette ZO6 and is no comparison to the c6. It also has 50 more horsepower than the GT500. the bang for your buck is still quite good. It has the same power as the viper for 25000 less.

G

·
new zo6 is 65,800...i love mustangs ...i have 2...a 2006gt and a 2000v6...but no way would i ever spend 60000+ on a stang...it makes no sense...mustang is the everyman car.build up your gt yourself and save 20000 bucks...i agree...if i had an extra 60000 dollars i'm in the vette or i'm haggling like crazy for a bmw 6

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm guessing that the dealers are going to want 60 for the Mustang G.T.500.

Look how they asked that amount for the Thunderbird. Too bad.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Fordguy13 said:
The saleen has just as much horsepower and about the same price(i think) as the new Corvette ZO6 and is no comparison to the c6. It also has 50 more horsepower than the GT500. the bang for your buck is still quite good. It has the same power as the viper for 25000 less.
In straightline acceleration it maybe that "the bang for your buck is still quite good." But the Viper and Vette are 2 cars that compete with cars 2 and 3 times their price range and thats on tracks like the Nurburgring and such. The Saleen stang just cant hang with these cars when it comes to handling, at least not without dumping tons more money into them.

Dont get me wrong, I think Saleen makes great Mustangs but as an over all package at those price ranges I just feel that its out classed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The ford dealership near me has a few SALEENs. I'm sorry, I usaully love SALEEN Mustangs, but this one just looks cheap. The front grill is weak and the big hunk of plastic on the truck looks even worse. And then there is the price tag.

You should never fix what's not broken. And there's nothing broken about the standard 05-06 GT design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.