Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had quick quesition. I was looking into buying a new throttle body for my 96 cobra but wasnt sure if i should go with the 65 or 62mm throttle body from bbk. Is there a big difference in performance? im able to get the 62mm from a friend for cheap so does that sound like a better deal anyway?

·
Registered
692 Posts
i went 65mm but u need a better CAI if you go 65mm.. then u need a dynotune

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just a quick thought, according to this book Building 4.6/5.4l Ford Horsepower on the Dyno by Richard Holdener which is full of engine dyno pulls of tons of side by side mods the stock throttle body is more than sufficient. This guy is not selling anything other than the book and the dyno test seem they were well done. Larger throttle bodies on the 4.6 DOHC were worth literally no horsepower even in supercharged apps. It's a great book if you want to put your money into dyno proven mods.

P.S. I'm not Richard Holdener

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
There is nothing to be gained by putting that TB on your Cobra unless the Heads have been ported,intake worked over etc.. even then it's only worth maybe 5HP..
Keep the stocker on!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
62? Cheap? c'mon that is smaller than what's on there...go with the Accufab single blade 90 mm or go home, you will notice a difference in throttle response...I know, I have one, it works fine..no tune required. You want real performance on your Cobra? Long tube headers, then supercharger and forged lower...speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.