Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one knows how big of a speaker i can put in each of the holes. I have 2 speakers in the 2 holes surrounding the middle hole. I was wondering if I could put a 10 in sub woofer in that hole in the center.

Thank You.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If you are talking about behind the rear seat, then 6x9 is all that will fit unless you do some cutting and I would not do that . Most people set them up in the trunk. There is even a kit you can get for subs from Mustangs Plus.

·
Registered
394 Posts
2 6x9s in the rear thing under the glass. 1 6x9 in the front, 2 10" subs in my rear seat. and 2 12s in the trunk. all the subs are going in the trunk soon. the 6x9 in the front is underneath the dash. I would advise on putting a 10 inch without a box on it, your car is going to rattle if you hook it to the body i know because mine rattles and shakes when its in the box. also the box is better for catching and amplifying the sound. Check on craigslist locally for amps and subs, they should come pretty cheap.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I stuck 2 6 x 9s in the holes in the back of my Stang. As for the front, if you've got the mono speaker hole, you can order a dual cone speaker for that hole to get a surround sound.

Do not, repeat, do not cut. Everyone I talked to has been disappointed by whatever came out of the decision to cut. There are easy and better ways around cutting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, like i thought about making a custom wall where the rear seat thing hooks on, make an entire back seat of speakers. you could fit like 2 12s a 10 and some 6x9s, now what would be bad! although you'd have to make sure you made the wall secure enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts