Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a rust bucket 65 coupe yet noticed it was an A code 4 speed car. my question is is that there is no dual exhaust valance should there be? its definitely not a GT car. what would the motor(runs fine) tranny and rear end would be worth on this car if i was to buy it for parts strictly? also should it have a limited slip rear end? there is no door tag.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think I can answer part of your question. There was no dual exhaust valance for the non-GT A-code cars. The dual exhaust went into a single muffler that was mounted just in front of the fuel tank. Then, a single tail pipe that went over the rear differential and exited just under the valance.

In my opinion, an original A-code engine and original top loader 4-speed are worth some money. The 4-speed top loaders are getting harder and harder to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should the rear end be a limited slip and is it the same A 289 challenger 225 hrspwr that came in the GTs?

·
Registered
282 Posts
No, it does not have to be a limited slip. Most of them were not I think. Jack it up & spin the wheels. If they both spin in the same direction, it is a limited slip/trak lok. If one wheel goes backward when spoinning the other forward, it is an open diff. You can also count the revolutions to get the ratio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts