Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I everyone, I am looking at buying a 65 Coupe with a 200/3 spd. It has a 3 carb setup with a clifford cam and header. I can buy the car for $700.00 and it runs. The body is in good shape. Here is the bad news.It needs rear frame rails, the torque boxes are rusted. So my question to the group is this. How hard is it to replace the rear torque boxes? Should I bother buying the car? Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks, Ed Kelley

·
Registered
312 Posts
theres more to it

From the rust damage you listed I guarantee you there is more damage. I would bet the front frame rails need replaced too. Not just the front part but the full rails, especially if the torque boxes are shot. Take a phillips head screwdriver and give it a good hard poke along all parts of the front frame rails...I bet it pokes through somewhere on the frame. Iy can all be fuxed, just be ready for the work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully there is not to much damage

Even with all the rust damage, which I think I can fix. Should I still invest 700.00 into the car. I am guessing that I would have another 1000.00 or so in rust repair (floor pans, trunk and new frame rails). I do not want to make it a "show car", I just want a cool driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.