Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but here goes. I know they make specific kits for a 65, but is there a stock hydraulic clutch assemblly that will work in my 65/please provide details? Tks.!

·
Registered
831 Posts
By "stock" do you mean original equipment? As far as I know, the only method of clutch actuation on the 65 is a Z-bar, so I believe the answer to your question is "No".

·
Registered
913 Posts
Correct. No "stock" hydraulic for 64-73.

Of course, the stock mechanical clutch linkage is darn good, works very well with the T5, and available new. It's not even expensive, and the cars are already rigged to accept it.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I kept the "Z" bar and orginal bellhousing on my '66 w/the T-5. Now with the Rangers going to hydraulic, lots have used the '97' Ranger master and the '83' slave from the deisel. Four days ago I did a Google on Mustang hydraulic set-ups and there were pages and pages. Even looked at what the guys with the Monster Miatas were running.
Dave

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do a search for hydraulic throw-out bearings, that may be the ticket for you.

I've got a hydraulic set up on my car and I like it a lot. I had to fabricate my own bracket though since the kit I bought was meant for a T5 but I have a Tremec.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I also mixed and matched a hydraulic clutch system. Cost was about $220. Here is information, pictures and parts list.
Hydraulic clutch

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
the s10 chevy pickups used a t5 and had a hydraulic clutch setup...i've heard of people adapting this for their t5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts