Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have 4 dry-rotted tires that are D70-14, polyglass. I went back to the same tire dealer (Discount) and he gave me a quote of 249.00 out the door for 4 - Hankook 205 75 14's (40K warranty). Since this will be a Sunday put-put car for now, does that sounds in the ball park? I still have the original rims, a couple with some light rust (darn cats!).

Any suggestions or info will be appreciated!

Judy

PS I am still waiting for a VIN verification appointment on this car I discovered was stolen 38 yers ago and bought from the owner for $38.00 so I can move forward.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I've never heard of the Hankook brand but the price isn't bad for 4 tires that are mounted and balanced. I've paid more than that for 4 tires on my Camry 2 years ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Judy

So glad you got to keep your baby!! :bigthumbsup

As far as tires go the price sounds good especially if it included there extended road hazard coverage, but the size is going to be a little taller the what your car calls for. Its not a big deal if your cars suspension is "fresh' but if you haven't got to that yet I would recommend a 195/75/14 or 205/70/14 they are closer to the original ride height and the 195's will be a little bit cheaper.

How's it feel to have bought your car for $38.00? Talk about the bargain of a lifetime!

Good Luck

Rydell

·
Registered
62 Posts
Judy,
I work for a local Ford dealer in the parts dept. here in Kansas City. We sell alot of Hankooks. Ford is even starting to use them on their new 08 models. They are a very good tire for the money. As for the size that sounds about right. 75 is the sidewall height and 205 is the tread width and the 14 is of course the rim size. That sounds like it should match up to the orginal tires if not real close.
Dustin

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) Congratulations on keeping your car. The owner that it was stolen from must be a very nice man. Some would have just seen a chance to make a couple of bucks, and that would have overridden any other consideration.:) I have 195/75-14s on my car. I tried some wider tires but, since my car doesn't have power steering, that made it very difficult ( impossible:gringreen) for me to park in a tight space. If you have power steering, then the 205s won't be any trouble at all. The price sounds about right on them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.