Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the 1965 Mustang and 1966 Mustang turn signals, brake lights, and tail light wiring is the same?? i.e. same color, etc. :eyebulge:

TIA

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm looking at a 66 wiring diagram and if I'm reading it right the tail light wiring is black on one wire and orange/blue on the other wire on the passenger side and on the drivers side it looks like black and green/orange. Don't know if the colors are the same as a 65 but I kind of expect they would be. Wire size isn't listed. CJ Pony has wiring diagram manuals for $4.95. I havn't started rewiring yet but this will come in handy when I do. Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mike. I also have a '66 wiring diagram from a previous Mustang...man I wish I still had it (sigh).
At the present time all the Mustangs in my families stable are '65s, I guess I should just order one with the next parts order.

Any other thots??

·
Registered
48 Posts
65-66 Wiring

I just rewired my 65 using the harness from Painless. It is the same for 64, 65, & 66. The only difference I noticed was that the pre 66s only had a single indicator on the dash for turn signals while the 66 had one for each direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.