Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see a 66 convertible tonight and the seller told me it had an A code engine rated at 271hp. I knew the K code was rated at 271 but had never heard of an A code with that rating. Everything I have read rated the A code at 225hp. He proceeded to tell me that it had a factory option installed weiand intake plus a beefed up carb. I'm not an expert but this sounds a bit fishy - is this for real and if so, is this rare ???

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
gesshoom said:
I went to see a 66 convertible tonight and the seller told me it had an A code engine rated at 271hp. I knew the K code was rated at 271 but had never heard of an A code with that rating. Everything I have read rated the A code at 225hp. He proceeded to tell me that it had a factory option installed weiand intake plus a beefed up carb. I'm not an expert but this sounds a bit fishy - is this for real and if so, is this rare ???
Tell him that he should sell manure instead of cars...

·
Registered
149 Posts
That intake was not even in production when that car was built! He's full of S***!

·
Registered
2 Posts
to reply to your question:yes it possible to get,271 hp out of a a code, but keep in mind, there are a lot of people out there that know the values of these cars, and in any way,shape or form,will try to boost the value by saying it's rare, or is one of one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
67gta289 said:
to reply to your question:yes it possible to get,271 hp out of a a code, but keep in mind, there are a lot of people out there that know the values of these cars, and in any way,shape or form,will try to boost the value by saying it's rare, or is one of one.this however does not mean that it came from the factory with a A code with those kind of ratings. If it was me i would generously let the guy know what a k code is and point out that nice
"A" in the vin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.