Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 66 GT and am trying to find all of the tag and part numbers to see what is numbers matching. Can anyone help me decode my rear axle tag, i can figure out that it has 3.00 open gears, but thats about it. An help would greatly be appreciated.
tag reads:

WCZ-F
3 00 5H8 9 31

Thanks Again

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) WCZ-F means it's a 28 spline removable carrier for an 8 inch rear end. The 3.00:1 gear ratio is exactly what you thought it was. 5H8 is August 8, 1965. That 931 thing is the plant code, which doesn't really mean much once the rear end goes into car. Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thank you very much for that information. You know your stuff, i love your blog, i learned a lot from it and will continue to visit it often.

thanks again!

Kyle

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:) Glad I could help.:) And, thank you. Please feel free to leave comments at the blog. If there's anything in particular that you are wondering about on these cars, and I have a little information on the subject, I'll post it. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi, i just baught a 66' mustang and cannot find out what the rear axle code tag means. it says WCY E 3.20 6AB 902. can you help me decode this tag?

thanks,
carcrazy95

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
hi, i just baught a 66' mustang and cannot find out what the rear axle code tag means. it says WCY E 3.20 6AB 902. can you help me decode this tag?

thanks,
carcrazy95
WCY-E this axle is for a 200 ci with manual tranny

3.20 gear ratio, 3.20:1

6AB (the B should be an 8) January 8th, 1966

902 internal plant code

·
Registered
4 Posts
66 Mustang Decoding Rear Axle Tag

I need some help if anyone can decode my rear axle tag.

WCZ-E
2 80 5MB 930

I pretty sure its a 2.80 ratio. Put what does all of the other numbers and letters mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.