Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need to replace my rear leaf springs. does anyone have an idea of where i can get what i need. and exactly which parts to i need to do that. i know there are different springs available, the OEM design for example. what is best??? where can i save money, im a college kid trying to restore my 66, thanks for the help. =D

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can pick up a set of leaf springs at just about any mustang or restoration shop, online or if you live close enough to one. be prepared to have to cut the bolt of the front hanger because they tend to rust to the pin in the front eye bushing. Most springs come with the eye installed already. Id go ahead and replace the shackle bushings in the rear and maybe the shackles depending on how they are. Id shop around for a kit that includes it all. I believe mustangs unlimited has one for $150.00

·
Registered
539 Posts
Ya if the leaf springs are original, get ready to get real dirty. They are a mother to get off. I bought my stock replacement leaf springs from Mustangs Unlimited about 10 years ago and they still look brand new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.