Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the black on my rocker moldings is chipping off. They are a repop part. Is there a better replacement part i can get or can someone tell me the best way to repair this. It is starting to look like crap.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The black is just paint in between the chrome, isnt it? Just repaint maybe? I never thought of it. I used some solvent on it after driving thru some road repairs & the crews had this nasty tar stuff on the road. (nastier then usual) And the solvent took some black off.

Im always for original but NPD has them for $85 repro and $110 for ONE RH one that's original. That's nuts.

Funny because them GT stripes on the side of the car are the only thing i do not like about cars with the GT option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
using heat gun will solve your problem.That is the best solutions for removing moldings.You can also use PBlaster but you will require it in excess quantity.And it will add to your price.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of doing away with the moldings too. But then there is the filling of holes after removing the clips. Any easy way to do that?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
the best way is to weld them shut but that will prob give some warpage that you'd have to fill over. The next option is to glob some fiberglass filler over them to plug them. Or maybe JB weld, but I've never tried that for filling holes, only fixing cracks in pot metal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HAve you considered maybe putting a clearcoat over them? I got the REPROS as well and that's what I going to try...Just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts