Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the deal its a 66 mustang with all this stuff....

Engine: 1968 302ci bored .030” over, less than 8000 miles on motor. 1966 289ci heads. Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold,Cam, and 600 CFM Carb. MSD 6A ignition box and Billet distributor. K&N air filter. Hedman Headers. Thrush Magnum glass packs Drivetrain: Rebuilt C-4 3 speed automatic. 3.55:1 rear end, Richmond gears.

and my question is...

Can i go ahead and slap on a Paxton Novi supercharger on this setup (with minor or major mods)? And it would be sweet if you could give me some input as to which supercharger to use; 1000, 1200, 1500,... ect. Remember i've dont have a clue when it comes to mustang classics. (i just got rid of my wrx)

oh and i dont care about the cost as long as it cost less then 8k which would include the 3k for the supercharger, new heads, intake, Cams, and so on. (and est.on the cost of the work). And if you could give me an estimate on hp, torque, mpg, 0-60, and 1/4 times that be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hello, do you know the compression ratio of your pistons? A supercharged engine needs to be something like 8:1 if you have 10:1 I think you'll run into problems supercharging it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im afraid I don’t know the compression ratio of the pistons, but lets just continue with assuming I have 8:1. P.S. But if I do have 10:1 how much would cost to buy some new good 8:1 pistons?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Pistons are around $200 a set, but the problem is the engine needs to be removed and disassembled to install them. It's a very involved task!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.