Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,does any one know how to syncronize the wiper arms to bottom out at the same time?I can't park them without one setting higher than the other.It's not a matter of just repositioning the arms.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Have you checked for excessive play where the idler arm attaches to the wiper arm mounts? If those joints are wallowed out, I doubt you'll ever get them to sync up in the parked position.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything appears to be tight,but the right wiper is starting to raise while the left one has not bottomed out yet.I'm not sure how the motor works,but maybe it's bad.The park switch doesnt work and you have to play with the switch to shut it off while they are in the down position

·
Registered
831 Posts
The wiper switch is not very robust, and its failure is common.

I'd remove the wiper arms. Then remove the idler arms from the motor. Try moving those arms. This will give you an idea as to how the mechanism works and it will let you identify any loose joints.

If one arm moves before the other, there is play in the arms.

The motor won't be the problem if it moves the arms. The connection between the motor and the arms is where to start looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts