Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed now....i've changed my mind and decided to install headers. I prefer long tube.....but to get some things done this weekend any body have this conversion? and what headers did you use. If I spend my day researching.....I lose wrenching time.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Is the position of the exhaust ports different on the '91 heads/block? or are they the P heads with an angle that hits most headers? You're using the AOD, right?
I haven't installed my set yet but I purchased MAC headers, they were the only affordable (~$200-350) longtube that will clear my PS bracket I've read. They're going on my 289 with AOD, hoping they fit around the AOD.
Jon

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jon,
The headers appear to fit fine as far as the heads are concerned. They also have the square ports. The issue is that in my 67, the original exhaust hits the steering...and the longtubes from Hedman won't clear the AOD:headscratch:. I'm going to put that project off this weekend and get the windows installed, brake lines, rear brakes , some wiring etc., until I can check out some other options suggested by The Greek. So worse case senerio is the shorty.
hey, got an idea....you run out and install YOURS and then let me know if they fit????:happyhapp:happyhapp:happyhapp

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay.....when you call the supplier....and THEY suggest I ask "a forum" :headscratch:for which parts fit....and that I should just order and "experiment"....ya know ya need more help!!!:happyhapp:happyhapp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts