Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 mustang, I have a problem with my left turn signal coming on by itself sometimes when I hit a bump, etc. This has caused my left brake light to stop working because the lever won't return completely re-enabling the brake light to work. I think it might be a spring inside of the switch or something, but I'm not sure. I was just wondering if I could fix the switch by replacing the spring, or will I have to save up to buy a new switch?

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
just buy a new switch, the fix kits don't last. The switch R&R is simple, pull the wheel, cut the wires of the old switch with about one inch left at the bottom so you will be able to see where each wire goes. Cut the wires off at the top of old switch, and tape the new wires to the old wires, and just pull them through the column. When the wires are through, use an unfoldedpaperclip to remove one wire at a time and put in the new wire...

·
Registered
831 Posts
The turn signal switch, along with the head light switch don't last long. Standard operating procedure is to replace the switch.

The 65-66 switch is not bad at $40, but I see the 67 is different and it runs $94 at NPD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts