Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, this is my first post. soon i will begin the frame up restoration of a 67 hardtop that i have had for over twelve years. it will lean pretty heavily towards the restomod side. i'm going to need two new doors so i was wondering if anyone had used the repro door shells that are available now. if so, how do they fit? i have seen some repro sheetmetal that didn't fit so good, so i'm just wondering. any info would be greatly appreciated. i look forward to more posts and any advice from anyone.

thanks

Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently bought a set of 65 repro doors and im not impressed. I'm a body man for sixteen years so i can make them fit but its a lot of extra work. I bought mine from Johns Mustang. I got a new NPD catalog and in it it says something to the effect of 'they fit perfect,we've tried them ourselves'. Not sure if they are the same doors as johns sells or not. Mine are far from perfect.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I've not used the skins, but EVERYTHING that I have got from NPD, fit exactly like it should and was cheaper in price. I highly recommend them for all your replacement parts.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've had problems with NPD, i bought the shelby side scoops for my car, there was a major arch in them so they did not sit flush on the car. They had to be heavily modified just so they would look right on the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
X1Lightning said:
I've had problems with NPD, i bought the shelby side scoops for my car, there was a major arch in them so they did not sit flush on the car. They had to be heavily modified just so they would look right on the car.
Did you talk to them about the fit??? They have always been first-rate in customer service AND answering any questions I've had.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have heard nothing but good about NPD myself. Even with the stuff I ordered from them, everything went fine. I'm ordering all my sheetmetal for my project from them here soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my father used a repro door skin on the passenger side of a 67. i remember it giving him some problems, it had to be tweaked alot it seemed. but then again he wasn't a body man by trade. so they may be easier for a pro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.