Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys whats your input on the best Shelby hood for a 67? Taking in considerations of Fit, Quality and Price. I dont like my stock GT hood and want to replace it before I paint the car.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Laurel Mountain Mustang makes a good, pressure formed hood and I believe this hood is made just for them. It has a steel frame and improved tooling but it has got a bit more expensive than it has in the past.

KAR Mustang Group also has a hood they make but it is hand laid fiberglass. They made a mold from a stock hood to create it and then tested the fiberglass hood on an original, straight car to make sure it fits. Then some guys in their Mustang club tried it out with no complaints. This hood is under $400 and does not have a steel frame, which they claim is better. This is stuff I'm basically just regurgitating from their Ebay listing. But most companies do not go into this type of detail about their products, so when a company does it's a sign to me that it's a good product and/or a good company. Generally you don't get one without the other. One of the posters here actually has a KAR hood.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lizer I have seen both those hoods on the net. But i was wishing someone that had one of these or others would chime in with how they fit and such. But again thanks for the input.

·
Registered
539 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts