Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here is the deal. I am fuel injecting a 289 using 5.0 liter parts. Fox lower and sn95 upper. Fox IAC and 2000 Explorer 5.0 TPS. The TPS is different from the fox TPS. I've ran the wires. The reference voltage is 4.9V. The return Voltages is 4.9V. And it should not be. The input reference has not in-between voltage. Is either wide open or closed, and it won't allow the car to idle. Any help would be appreciated. The fox wires are black, green, and Orange. The explorer wires are grey with red, brown with white, and grey with white. The are align properly and the sauder connections are good. Are there grounds that need to be grounded anywhere in the harness in order to attain the appropriate voltage?

Help...

·
Registered
1 Posts
What computer are you using?

I would try to match all the sensors and actuators to whatever came with the computer you're using. Then I would get something like a Moates Quarterhorse, change the CID to 289, change injector and MAF Settings and start tuning from there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running an A9L... the firing order has been rearranged for the plug wires. That's no longer an issue. The injectors will still fire on the 302 HO order but it will just rough idle. Problem I keep running into is the TPS. All or nothing. Open or closed no reading with the throttle flap half way open.... it dies unless I keep it running...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Have you determined if the Fox and Explorer TPS work the same way? From what you are describing, I'd bet the answer is no. It is never a good idea to mix and match sensors. As LO19 mentioned, you should have the sensors that the computer is expecting. This will remove many "unknowns" from your setup.

A TPS is not an expensive part, so out of curiosity, why are you using an Explorer part?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In order to get a setup using my original equipment. There are futmeny issues such as Seth tower clearance, fuel rail clearance. I had an explorer TPS sensor available from another vehicle.

So your saying the TPS itself my be receiving the signal differently and sending it differently than it would ad oem?

Today it started ran and drove but while idling, it would go from great to worse. Eventually stalling. Starts and runs strong then starts missing and eventually dies. You can keep the motor running by giving throttle. I increased the idle and that helped but its idling reap high to keep.it running.

Also I tried running a Modus on it and it kept reading connection error on both A and B setups. I'm no expert on scanners but I know somethings up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts