Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 3 row aluminum radiator from Champion. This replaced my old 2 row copper and brass stock radiator. My problem is that my old upper radiator support doesn't fit the new radiator (the one the holds the rad on both sides of the cap and bolts to the front where you close the hood). What has everyone done with this? Maybe those that have done this same conversion will chime in.

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
If It has the side mounting tabs like mine just bolt it in using tabs. see my pic you can just see the upper right side bolt. That's all mine is bolted to is the side core support with 4 bolts, 2 top and 2 bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the looks of that, but the holes do not line up. They are spaced to close together for the new rad. Even the old one doesn't line up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bracket goes over the new radiator but not with the rubber pads installed. Are the big block brackets a little bigger?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I installed a '68 24" wide rad. into my '67 that came with the 20". I didn't want to buy the upper and lower mounts that the '68 uses and wanted a cleaner look with no brackets at top so I made my own side mounts out of alum. flat stock. I bolted them to the rad. support first then figured out where the rad. would need to sit height wise to have the fan fit the shroud correctly.
Jon

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts