Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1968 GT 390 Convertable I want to sell. I first bought the car in 1977 as my first car. It needs some work (big surprize) but not much to be a runner. It is pretty much all stock. Here are the facts.

What it needs
Paint (body has no major defects, very small amout of rust on lower front 1/4 panel).
Brakes (the engine has a cam and does create enough vaccum at idle. I've been told it needs a booster).
Power Top (it works, it's all there but if your going to spend for paint, well you know what I mean).
Tune Up (it runs strong, but again if I were to buy that is something I'd do).

What It Has
390ci 4B, C6 Auto, Factory Air (does not work), Steel GT Wheels, Factory AM/FM Stereo (works), Factory Fog Lights, Bucket Seats, Interior Is Good, Crome Is In Good Shape150k miles

What's Been Added
The motor is not the original 390. It is out of a 68 Couger with stock crome
valve covers(I believe that it's a High Performence factory motor). The engine has had some work done, pistons, cam, hydraulic lifters and so on. That work was done about 20k miles ago. The engine probilly needs a set of rings. Does not smoke but has not been driven much (last 10 yrs less than 1k per year). Has an alarm and locking inside hood release installed.

That's about it. Any feedback would be very helpful. Want to see? email me and I'll send photo's [email protected]. Thank you in advance, John

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't have my book anymore but when I went to pick up a 68 Fastback w/ a 390 the going price was about 10,000 in the condition it was in. It sounds about the same as yours. Is it a GT or just had the parts thrown on? If you can't find a good buyer I've got a grand to lose.....:winks

·
Registered
1 Posts
stang

If the fifth digit on your vin is an "S", you have a car that is appealing to many people. If it is a "C,A,orT" code, it is nothing special other than being a convertible. If by chance it is a "R,S or X", you have a RARE car. I would even be willing to maybe double the other guys offer...LOL
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.