Ford Mustang Forum banner

'68 Mustang simple carb question.

806 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Ivy66GT
So I have a '68 with a '72 302 in it. I've already got it bored out and all that good stuff. It has a 2bbl on it but I want to put a 4 on it. I'm not one for using junk, but in a yard nearby there are actually a lot of older motors in really good shape. People there have common sense and actually shut the hoods! lol. Anyways....I know I could just grab an intake and carb off of just about anything but I was wondering if there were any specific years I should look for. I know there isn't going to be a huge change from one years intake to another. But I know some heads, they're direct swaps and actually have a little more pep to them. So I was just wondering about intakes and 2 cents from you guys. I'll probably just end up putting an Edelbrock on it anyways. Was just curious about this though. Thanks guys!
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
I considered some of the stuff you said. Like it being warped and such. But like I said, a lot of the trucks/cars out there are in really good shape for their age and from sitting. I was just curious if there were any particular years that might have had a better intake than other years. I'm not one to use junk on my vehicles. Especially my Mustang. Was just a thought that crossed my mind. But thanks for the reply, really appreciate the feed back! :grin:
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.