Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a 69 Mach 1 that has the original 390 FE and 4 speed Trans (numbers match) with a 3.25 traction lok axle ratio. The engine and Trans is in pretty good shape and has turned over. The problem is like all mustangs from that era; it is completely rusted out and needs a new frame and body. I would like to keep it as original as possible; however, I would like to know what other body styles this engine could fit into, and how this will affect the value if I do change the configuration . Thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For 1969 there were 10,494 built with the 390-4V making it more rare than the 428 Cobra Jet. The the 390-4V was primarily a GT option so how many Mach 1 cars left the factory with the engine affectionately known as The Boat Anchor?

I would order up a Marti Report to see just how unique your car is and if it is a rare as I think it is then you only have one logical choice and that is to restore it to the best of your ability. If it turns out to be a common car then the sky is the limit!

My two cents worth!

Mac

1 - 2 of 2 Posts