Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My '69 Mach 1 has a C-6 hooked up to a 390, when I had the tranny built it was set up with a manual shift, at the time the builder said this would work best, and it did, well I am tired of having to always shift it on every take off. If I leave it in drive it shifts from 1st to 2nd and then to 3rd almost immediatey, does anyone know what parts I need to put into the valve body to bring it back to a normal trans go shifting system? or should I just get a new kit. and if so does anyone have a preference between a B+M kit or a Trans-go kit? I have heard good and bad points about both of them. Any help is appreciated, Thanks,Bill

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I've always used the B&M kit. The instructions were pretty easy to understand and they work well. These kits have been on the market for years. I don't know about the other brand, Trans-Go. B&M has two kits. One is more involved than the other.

Do you have a good leak free vacuum source from the manifold to the Modulator Valve? If you find that there is trans. fluid at the valve's vacuum connection, the valve is bad and needs replacement.

The Modulator Valve can be adjusted to alter the shift point by only a couple of hundred RPM if that's all that you need. I just wouldn't go and start changing adjustments without having a good source of reference material.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts