Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
the back of my seat in my coupe has 2 holes for speakers, but is raw without a cover etc. i dont have a 3rd brake light and dont really want one but do want to design and fabricate something to house my speakers, but dont want to buy the store ones. I want to see the speakers as well.

has anyone done this before? if so could you post some pictures to give me some ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Are you talking about the package tray? If your talking about that, they make new ones with precut holes and you can get them covered in vinyl to match your interior. Than to go over the speakers (thieves are less likely to steal what they can't see) you could get a pair of factory speaker grilles.

I'm trying to make my car look as stock as possible, so I'm only going with one center speaker in the package tray (it is one speaker with 2 cores so it has stereo sound, but looks factory). Then I got a factory speaker grille to go over it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the package tray? If your talking about that, they make new ones with precut holes and you can get them covered in vinyl to match your interior. Than to go over the speakers (thieves are less likely to steal what they can't see) you could get a pair of factory speaker grilles.

I'm trying to make my car look as stock as possible, so I'm only going with one center speaker in the package tray (it is one speaker with 2 cores so it has stereo sound, but looks factory). Then I got a factory speaker grille to go over it.
Yeah the package tray was what i was talking about.. thanks, i saw some online for 80-100 dollars, wasnt really looking to spend that if i didnt have to. although i was only able to find the covered trays. mine has 2 cutouts for 2 6x9 speakers. not sure if thats stock or not, but since theyre there ill fill them :gringreen.

oh ok that will look nice, im trying to make mine enjoyable to ride (by my standards lol) and fun. :winks

Thanks for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts