Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the first person to have the idea of installing a 6r80 from the new gt on an older s197. I really want one in my 05 gt since a turbo is going on and it seems like these transmissions can handle a lot and maintain drivability having a 6 speed. I assume the 6r80 needs a stand alone tcm to work on a 3v stang. I was wondering if anyone knows of any that may work or if one can be programmed to do so. Any info or knowledge on this topic would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard it'll be nearly impossible/cost prohibitive to get it to work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that's what I've heard too but im looking to get the parts from a wrecked car so that shouldn't be bad but the tcm seems to be the only issue

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah that's what I've heard too but im looking to get the parts from a wrecked car so that shouldn't be bad but the tcm seems to be the only issue
I've read there's way to do a stand alone tcm for it. Its more hard wired in than the 5r55.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read there's way to do a stand alone tcm for it. Its more hard wired in than the 5r55.

Yeah this is something I really would like to try to figure out, but I would imagine its really hard to wire everything and know what's what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts