Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Mustang GT with the Mach 460 setup. Actually, there is only the tweeters and amps left from the Mach 460. The previous owner replaced everything else.
Electronic express is having a Black Friday sale on a pair of Kenwood 6x9's for $30. I was going to buy 2 pairs since ALL of my speakers are blown. I am aware that 6x8 and 5x7 are the "official" size speakers that fit in my car (rear deck and door panel). I know there is a way to make new holes but I need a better explanation of it. If you guys could give me the low down on how to drill the new holes that would be great! Or if this is a horrible idea tell me that too. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
You should be able to make the 6x9's work for the back, but I don't think they will go into the doors very easily, if at all. For the front, try to find something a little closer to the stock size.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad and i just took out the rear speaker box and everything. i'm pretty sure my stereo is whats causing all of the crappy sound. but ya im going to buy 6x8's for the front and leave the backs alone for now unless something changes. its weird, the fronts are blown, and the backs sound blown at times. but then other times they give off a great bass sound! and my car is wired for subs so im going to rip out all that wiring and see if it changes anything.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
^ That's what I would probably do as well; just take everything out and start over. That way you know exactly what's there, how it's there, and that it's done right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts