Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 70 M-Code CV April Build date. I bought the car without an engine. I found a Nov 69 351 C 2v motor from a Cougar for cheap, and then found a set of ready to go 4v heads from around the same date. Since this is my first 351 C is there anything different between the 2v engine and the 4v engine asside from the heads and intake? I noticed a small relief in the top of the 69 pistons, are these the right pistons to use with the 4v's?
The second part of the question is about a 72 HO 351 C 4 bolt 2v motor. The guy claims to have invested 8000 in the rebuilding of the engine. What I can see is the Weiand dual quad tunnel Ram, 2- 650 Holleys, a lot of expensive chrome pulleys etc and a c-6 that has been gone through. He wants about what the Weiand and the Holloys cost for the motor and trans, ( no brainer there ). Again the same question comes into play about the heads. Should I tear down the fresh 72 motor and install the 4v heads or leave it. Are there any warnings about the swap from 2v to 4v closed chamber heads?

·
Registered
111 Posts
About the 2v to 4v swap, that all depends on what you plan to do with it. They say the 2v heads are better for the street they make more low end power were the 4v don't make power untill high RPMs, but when they do hold on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There is no such thing as a 1972 HO 2V engine. The 1972 HO 351C was 4V only as no performance engine would be a 2V. If there are 2V heads on the engine then I'd be wary of any claim the guy makes about the it. Also a dual quad tunnel ram would work best with 4V heads not 2V ones. Also, a dual quad tunnel ram will NOT be streetable. It will run like krap and won't idle. That setup is good for a 700hp engine built for the track. Like 1969LE600 said the 2 engines have different heads and intakes. I'd look on here for past forums to check out 4V vs. 2V Clevelands for more details.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
for the street use the 2v heads. sell the tunnel ram to someone else! get intake made for 2v. beetlejuice is correct,72 351 H.O. are 4v.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.