Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between getting just the throttle body vs. Throttle body and egr plate? Which one is better? I have afew mods Cold air, o/r h pipe, flowmaster catback, smog pump eliminator, superchip, and ford racing ignition, 3.73 gears coming soon. Which type of throttle body should i go with?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
You should match the 70mm TB to a 70mm EGR plate, else you will only create turbulence and wont see any gains, or worse, experience a loss in flow.

The same applies to the intake manifold, the stock intake is 60mm, so you need to port it to 70mm or install a larger intake such as a GT40, Edelbrock, TFS which already have a 70mm opening.

Always try to match the size of all components: MAF, MAF to TB pipe (or cai), TB, EGR PLATE, INTAKE.

The MAF can be a bit larger, say 73-76mm (on a non supercharged 5.0)

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
The purpose of the EGR plate is to hold the accellerator cable, mount the EGR valve to help emissions, and let warm coolant run through to help the car warm up in cold climates.

The only purpose an egr delete plate has is to hold your accellerator cable. I have one on my car now. Much cleaner looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.