Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaning towards a PP throttle body due to price, any real difference between 70mm and the 75mm throttle body?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
size.... lol
what do you plan on doing witht he car? mostly stock? heavly modded? going f/i?? need info to bedder point you in direction..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing too heavy at the moment, at the most maybe manifold,headers, and cams. Mods already done: CAI,plentum, pullys, o/r h-pipe

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
The whole 70mm for n/a, 75mm for supercharged is a myth. The dyno doesn't lie, the 75mm throttle body on a good aftermarket plenum always makes more horsepower in any situation. Not much more, but it's more. I've run a few thoughout the years, and never noticed any of the "throttle response" from running a 75mm throttle body that people talk about.

Now, where did I put that flame suit?:kooky:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, went with the 75mm. Should be here later today. Ill let you know what happens.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ok, went with the 75mm. Should be here later today. Ill let you know what happens.
Should gone for the accufab, my experience with the 75MM was constant bogging out, like a vaccume leak. SO I upgraded to the 70mm, it ran much smoother. Professional products arent all that great IMO Id return it and look into brands like Accufab, you can feel the quality just by picking it up. Accufab products are built right. And theyre customer service OWNS PP's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes there is def a quality difference between the PP and Acufab but with my paycheck at the moment i'd rather sacrifice a couple hp and save $95. Install went smooth other than having to use vise grips to remove the stubborn tps screws. Dont notice anything on the bottom end but halfway through 2nd and into 3rd i do notice a gain, didnt take it above that. Other than that no problems or bogging issues.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i was looking at a BBK 70mm for my 97 gt. just a cold air intake on it. how are BBKs compared to Acufab? and will i need a tune for the 70. iv seen people say i do and iv seen some people say i dont.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
BBK is crap compared to the accufab. And you won't "need" a tune for a throttle body.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Does C&L even make a throttle body? I know they have plenums for the GTs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i havnt seen a C&L TB for the GTs. only the plenums

·
Registered
4 Posts
03REDGT... how has the 75 mm throttle body worked for you? I am considering the same mode, but I have read back and forth on whether a 75 mm is too large for a stock GT. Mine has cold air flow and that's it. I had read that the 75 mm may cause the 4.6 to run lean...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts