Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my cluster upgraded to the 6-guage cluster and I love it with one exception. When I was on the highway for the first time and got up to 75 mph, a beeping sound came on. Everytime I slowed down and sped up to 75 this dang beeping occured to the point I wanted to put my fist through the new cluster! I tried to search previous posts but couldn't find anything. I don't see it mentioned in the owners manual. Maybe I've missed something but can anyone help?!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The beeping covers the sound of the transmitter sending your VIN to the auto insurers association and your state DMV.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to mention the light show in the back of the car yelling "ticket me!" :winks
Seriously talking, I haven't seen alarm like that (when passing a truck in I-5 of course..). Is it a new feature in late 05 or 06?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an '06 w/ the IUP and i've been up to about 100 or so many times, and never once had a beeping, go have it checked out

·
Registered
63 Posts
01whtGT said:
I have an '06 w/ the IUP and i've been up to about 100 or so many times, and never once had a beeping, go have it checked out
Never had that... did the message centre say anything? They beep at you if you have your seatbelt unbuckled or your fuel gets to 50mi left, etc etc. Never heard of that though...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
nitwit said:
I recently had my cluster upgraded to the 6-guage cluster and I love it with one exception. When I was on the highway for the first time and got up to 75 mph, a beeping sound came on. Everytime I slowed down and sped up to 75 this dang beeping occured to the point I wanted to put my fist through the new cluster! I tried to search previous posts but couldn't find anything. I don't see it mentioned in the owners manual. Maybe I've missed something but can anyone help?!
Thanks in advance.
dont worry about it... its just the Flux Capacitor fluxing..........:winks if you let it hit 88mph youll find yourself back in the late sixties..... comes with the IUP...... and you thought Mycolor was cool......:kooky:

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's the overspeed warning telling you " you should'a had a V8 ".:laughlitt

Not sure, but look in the owners manual about a overspeed warning.

·
Registered
237 Posts
redbullet said:
It's the overspeed warning telling you " you should'a had a V8 ".:laughlitt

Not sure, but look in the owners manual about a overspeed warning.
ROTFLMAO. Good one

·
Registered
69 Posts
ROFL ... i guess all these funny responses mean that we all have no idea cuz our cars aren't doing it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Agree, must be something within the new cluster. Had my car up to 120mph the first day I got her on the drive home (5 hrs) and there was no alarm. However, this one slowed me down a bit....:happyhapp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, since I couldn't find any previous posts I kinda figured it was probably due to the upgrade. I loved your comments though!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Over speed Alarm

Hey he's right
At about 75 or 80 I get the alarm, But mine is a big Index finger
crossing my line of vision and the annoying female voice pointing
at the speedometer saying "do you know how fast were going?":sterb:

2006 Vista Blue GT
18" Bullits
Steeda Splitter on the way
Ghost Lemans Stripes?
Love it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Alarm Silencer

A friend of mine found a new seatbelt system that may also help with "alarms" at certain speeds. I do believe it would be especially helpful in the most recent post.
Mach 73:kooky: :winks

PS -- and when my spouse checks out this thread -- :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
scramblr said:
Agree, must be something within the new cluster. Had my car up to 120mph the first day I got her on the drive home (5 hrs) and there was no alarm. However, this one slowed me down a bit....:happyhapp
No beeping here, but how did that car slow you down? did it throw a rope around it? :laughlitt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally someone else had this also and on top of that, when I put my car in reverse, I got a BACKUP BEEP.:happyhapp Yeah just like in a big ole trash truck. They are both system beeps that have to be turned off at the dealer. My car is in getting them turned off now. Why anyone would ever want something like those 2 beeps, I'll never know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's an Arab car.

Seriously. I've heard of this before. You have a guage cluster that was intended to be sent to the middle east, you need to take it in and get it reprogammed to hush it up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I upgraded my dash and never had any beeps for speed.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Never had the beeps at 75 mph. Never heard of anyone else either

·
Registered
70 Posts
It might be that your tunk is not closed firmely?

Maybe at 75 Mph, enough pressure is pulled off the top of the trunk that it triggers the open trunk alarm.

It would probably also happen at lower speeds when hitting bumps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts