Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with the 78mm BBK plenum/TB? I just installed one and came across a problem, the spring retracts all the way down so there is no tension on the throttle cable. adjusting the screw won't help because the spring is all the way retracted. the problem is that the car is idling below 1000 RPM. before that it was idling around 2000 RPM. also the cable is really spongy now, so the question is how do I get the tension back, do I need to fabricate a smaller spring?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have that same throttle body but didn't really have anything major just minor idle problems and it turned out to be kinda my stupidity. The car is supposed to idle around 700-800 RPM, if your car was idleing at 2000 RPM then that is definetly not right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah your car should not be normally ideling at 2k rpm. I think standard is 800 rpm. How does it feel when you step on the gas? Is there quick response or is there some dead zone in the pedal?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
If you don't have any major mods I would not suggest that plenium/thorttle body 70mm is perfect for minor boltons! Also it should not be at 2,000 rpm's that is way wrong my friend!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, I drove the car around for a while and the problem I had adjusted itself. I thought it would self adjust a lot sooner but the shop told me that was normal. I tested it out and all is good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts