Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i just got done changing the oil pump and when i go to crank the car nothing at all. lights work come on fine radio plays fine, the dredfull buzzer works fine but doesnt turn over atempt to turn over or anything of the sort.

so i broke out the multimeter and metered the battery 12.49 volts which should be enough to to get something out of the start but it doesnt even attempt to start.

next i metered the ingtion seloniod 12.49 volts on battery side and when the key is turned to start postion nothing on the starter sie but like .35 or somewhere in there.

so nexted i meter the little small wire thats on the seloniod while the key was being turned over .34-.35 volts or somewhere in there.

any and all help would be i would be truely greatful for. guys been busting my a$$ on this car on the weekend and ever chance i get after work which isnt a whole lot since im just returning from iraq and still going through medical clear and all that BS.

thanks for reading hope ya'll got some clue as to what it could be, hope ya'll have a great week

·
Registered
119 Posts
It sounds like its the solenoid I had the same problem with my 89 gt would crank but it wouldnt start went to autozone and it was like 14 dollars for a new one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i put a new selnoid on it cause i honestly thought that was it when i couldnt get any real current to the starter side of it to show on the multimeter. replaced the selnoid and still no crank or even an attempt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts