Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1979 notch with a 2.3 N/A manual trans. I would like to know what parts are interchangeable with other years of the fox. Mainly the front bumper cover, the hood, interior door panels, complete dash, body metal. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

·
Registered
31 Posts
and your planning on keeping....the engine? what a nice way to hack up a perfectly good peice of history and firmly get rid of its identity.

I can see it now...another hack job that wont get finished and end up scrapped due to its carbed 2.3 all because someone wanted an aero nose coupe.

Heres an idea...buy an aero notch...you get efi and your 79 notch can go to someone who cares enough to kee it the way it was intended to be.

*edit* if you want some more opinions visit us at www.foureyedpride.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
79-81 was the odd ball years. You probably won't like all the work you'll have to do to it just to get it to the way you like it. So you either live with what it is or sell it cause its gonna be a long road.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yeah, I'd have to recommend trading out the notch, intact, for a newer 'stang. Or just keep the look. The only improvement you can make to any foureye, is the '79 Pacecar/ '80(?), '81 Cobra/'82 GT nose - gotta use the proper upper grill though. I'd leave it as is, and swap in a healthy 302 or 351 along with the proper peripherals. I'm sure that even with the added weight of a V8, that that car is waaaay lighter than mine...
Plus, the old glass headlights were just alot better.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Man I would look for a Thunderbird TurboCoupe donor car and pull the engine out of it and put in there. The engines in those cars had enough power to make that 2.3L a kick in the pants to drive. It'll never be incredibly fast unless you do some serious building, but it will be a blast to zip around in. A few months ago I was doing some looking around and found a few that had been heavily modded running 10.0X times at the strip and street drivable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.