Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortantly i dont have many places i can go to have this done. i was quoted 510 for install does that seem way to high.? i dont have anywhere else i can go around where i live for another estimate.
im providing the gears, bearings n shims.:so

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
what exactly is the estimate for, swapping in a 8.8" axle, or installing gears in your 7.5" axle ?
what size gears?
are you also installing a T-lock?

if your having gears & a tlock put into your 7.5", then that price seems high to me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Have a shop put in the gears for you, and then swap the rear end yourself! It's not hard at all, pretty straight forward if you have all the tools. I had Dallas Mustang put in my 4.10s for $250 with a fluid change also. Then I swapped in the 8.8 today and I couldn't be happier :hihi:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rear i already had swapped. what im having done is having 3.73s put in ford racing ones. i provides internals shims n bearings. hes providing n outer bearing differential fluid n what not. i could be forgetting something. the kit (shims n bearings) i bought was the one from american muscle the motive gears one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
the rear end is pretty easy to swap and also if they are asking for 500 bucks just to get gears install take it somewhere else man =/ the max i would pay is 300. i been quoted 250 but im broke right now.. so i cant do it lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.