Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 convertible Roush conversion. The weather was absolutely amazing today that I took the long long long way home. For some reason each time I got close to home I turned away again.

I just got this baby in December and I am in love. I have been tracking all my updates on my site with my favorite inexpensive mods being painting my calipers and installing clear corners.

I love the wave you get from other well kept stangs. It feels like I am part of a big family!

This place has given me tons of great ideas. Thanks guys (and gals)!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
This weekend out here as well will be amazing. Into the 80s and 90s. I may have to get my baby out and take a cruise somewhere.

·
Registered
785 Posts
GrubbDawg, I see you are a relatively new member to these Forums. It saddened me the more I read your post, as it became clear, as I have been member for some time and also own a convertible, you are suffering from a very unique malady. "Nice day Convertiblitis".

I do not think you, being a relatively new owner, can fully appreciate the degree of false euphoria this malady will cause.

Once an infected owner puts the top down, especially with a Roush convertible, the malady is more serious with the dark color models, the resonating sound of the exhaust as you cruise down the highway can cause the driver to, well, never turn back. This situation can be exacerbated by mistakenly turning up the radio / CD / or MP3 player playing some of your favorite tunes and cruising down the highway, thus falsely allowing yourself to believe "this is the life" and thinking you are having a great time. You are not!! It has been found that many drivers from the East coast have recently been arriving at the banks of the Pacific Ocean and standing on the back seat looking over the ocean and singing "Is that all there is".

The cure I am afraid is to immediately take the car back to the garage, put up the top and only take it out on rainy days. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
This weekend out here as well will be amazing. Into the 80s and 90s. I may have to get my baby out and take a cruise somewhere.
Yucaipa, eh?

Isn't that out there in the great L.A.-to-Needles Wind Tunnel?

Might be a good time to check your deductible and angle for a paint job and new windshield, innit?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I am taking her out for a cruise to the beach its suppose to be in the low 90's here today( whew! ) its too early for that kinda heat, got her all washed/waxed and shined up ready to roll, its cooler at the beach so it wont be too bad,hope you all can get out there as soon as you can, enjoy!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I took a cruise today with the wife. :) Great day! Nothing makes you feel better than a clean car and nice weather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GrubbDawg, I see you are a relatively new member to these Forums. It saddened me the more I read your post, as it became clear, as I have been member for some time and also own a convertible, you are suffering from a very unique malady. "Nice day Convertiblitis".

I do not think you, being a relatively new owner, can fully appreciate the degree of false euphoria this malady will cause.

Once an infected owner puts the top down, especially with a Roush convertible, the malady is more serious with the dark color models, the resonating sound of the exhaust as you cruise down the highway can cause the driver to, well, never turn back. This situation can be exacerbated by mistakenly turning up the radio / CD / or MP3 player playing some of your favorite tunes and cruising down the highway, thus falsely allowing yourself to believe "this is the life" and thinking you are having a great time. You are not!! It has been found that many drivers from the East coast have recently been arriving at the banks of the Pacific Ocean and standing on the back seat looking over the ocean and singing "Is that all there is".

The cure I am afraid is to immediately take the car back to the garage, put up the top and only take it out on rainy days. Sorry.
That is one of the best reads I have had in years! I love this place. VintageV8 - I had to put it on my blog. I hope you understand. Thank you for the warm welcome!

Nice Day Convertiblitis

·
Registered
106 Posts
2006 convertible Roush conversion. The weather was absolutely amazing today that I took the long long long way home. For some reason each time I got close to home I turned away again.

I just got this baby in December and I am in love. I have been tracking all my updates on my site with my favorite inexpensive mods being painting my calipers and installing clear corners.

I love the wave you get from other well kept stangs. It feels like I am part of a big family!

This place has given me tons of great ideas. Thanks guys (and gals)!
Only a 6 pack of Sam Adams? At least you choose your tools wisely. :bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.