Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an extra $80 laying around for my 96 Mustang.. What should I get for my car? I'm looking to start working on the engine. I'm not looking to get 300 extra hp with every mod I just want to start and hope it leads to that. Any suggestions?

Heres all I have done.
1996 Mustang V6 5spd, Green with sliver rear bumper insert and sliver striping on the door.
K&N air filter
Dual Exhaust
and I also have a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x9's and a Dual CD Player.

Any help will be nice:smoke:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
96mustangwhite said:
So I have an extra $80 laying around for my 96 Mustang.. What should I get for my car? I'm looking to start working on the engine. I'm not looking to get 300 extra hp with every mod I just want to start and hope it leads to that. Any suggestions?

Heres all I have done.
1996 Mustang V6 5spd, Green with sliver rear bumper insert and sliver striping on the door.
K&N air filter
Dual Exhaust
and I also have a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x9's and a Dual CD Player.

Any help will be nice:smoke:
Use the money to take a pretty girl out on a date because there is no performance part you can buy for $80 (other than a K&N, which you already have). Take her out to dinner and use the rest on a hotel room.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
Use the money to take a pretty girl out on a date because there is no performance part you can buy for $80 (other than a K&N, which you already have). Take her out to dinner and use the rest on a hotel room.

He can get a set of underdrivers for that amount of money . ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kscoyote said:
He can get a set of underdrivers for that amount of money . ..
Good site for these?

Also what about plug wires.. I was thinking MSD plug wires from rpmoutlet.com... Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
96mustangwhite said:
Good site for these?

Also what about plug wires.. I was thinking MSD plug wires from rpmoutlet.com... Any ideas?
MSD wires won't do anything for your combination but look pretty.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6asp.htm

MTB386300 94-98 3.8L V6

* MOTOBLUE™ High-Output Crank and Alternator Pulley Reduction Crank Pulley
* Alternator Pulley
* Adds up to 9+ RWHP(up to 4% fuel economy)

$ 79.95

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
kscoyote said:
MSD wires won't do anything for your combination but look pretty.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6asp.htm

MTB386300 94-98 3.8L V6

* MOTOBLUE™ High-Output Crank and Alternator Pulley Reduction Crank Pulley
* Alternator Pulley
* Adds up to 9+ RWHP(up to 4% fuel economy)

$ 79.95
I forgot how cheap 94-98 UDP's were. I'd still spend the money on a pretty girl....or a hooker....or both.... :eyepoppin

·
Registered
72 Posts
For that UDP, would you also need to purchase the belt as well? There is an option to purchase the belt seperatly, or together with the pulleys.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
For that UDP, would you also need to purchase the belt as well? There is an option to purchase the belt seperatly, or together with the pulleys.
yeah, but you may be able to get one cheaper at a local parts store . ..

I don't have the part number for the 94-98 cars, but someone might have it here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I used StangSuspension.com. An underdrive alone [not a kit of pulleys] was $71.95 and they charged $30.00 dollars for a belt, but when it came in it was simply a "Gates" stock number K060960, so you can skip their price and go get your own belt probably cheaper. Easy install with a strap wrench and loc-tite.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yorgie said:
I used StangSuspension.com. An underdrive alone [not a kit of pulleys] was $71.95 and they charged $30.00 dollars for a belt, but when it came in it was simply a "Gates" stock number K060960, so you can skip their price and go get your own belt probably cheaper. Easy install with a strap wrench and loc-tite.
What year mustang do you have, and would they vary at all between 94-98 years?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
ShadowFist said:
98's an oddball year. but 94-97s don't vary much at all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ShadowFist said:
I have a 1995 Convert. For some reason I kept the e-mail reply from the vendor and the actual verbage they used is: Your order details are, 1x - ASP826300 - ASP V6 Underdrive Pulley for 94-98 3.8 Mustang Options: = $71.95.

From that I gather that the same set up will fit all 94-98 V6 Stangs. Now watch,....some poor guy will order it for his '97 and the dam thing won't fit that year for some goofy reason. All I know is it buttoned in my '95 without a whimper.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
yorgie said:
I have a 1995 Convert. For some reason I kept the e-mail reply from the vendor and the actual verbage they used is: Your order details are, 1x - ASP826300 - ASP V6 Underdrive Pulley for 94-98 3.8 Mustang Options: = $71.95.

From that I gather that the same set up will fit all 94-98 V6 Stangs. Now watch,....some poor guy will order it for his '97 and the dam thing won't fit that year for some goofy reason. All I know is it buttoned in my '95 without a whimper.:eyepoppin
There are a few changes on the 98, making headers hard to find, and it makes 10 more hp than the 94-97s. I used to have one and it was a pain in the a** I don't recall all the changes, but the pulleys weren't any different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.